Surrounding area and leisure opportunities
Here you will find a (small) selection of numerous possibilities so that your holiday never gets boring. Individual brochures can be found in the red folder “For our holiday guests”.
- Rust near Freiburg: Europa-Park
- Titisee: Black Forest Bathing Paradise www.badeparadies-schwarzwald.de/
- Löffingen: Black Forest Park www.schwarzwaldpark.de/
- Oberried: Steinwasen Park www.steinwasen-park.de/
- Electric bike trips www.ebike-schwarzwald.de/
- Feldberg ski resort and Ski Lift Association: www.liftverbund-feldberg.de/
- Hüfingen: Aquari swimming pool in Hüfingen with a 52 m long slide: https://www.aquari.de/willkommen
- Triberg: Germany’s highest waterfalls at: www.triberg.de/index.php?id=102
- Schaffhausen: Rhine Falls in Swiss Schaffhausen www.rheinfall.ch/
- Todtnau: Germany’s most spectacular all-year-round toboggan run in Todtnau
- Lake cruises: Lake Schluchsee (www.seerundfahrten.de/ ) und Lake Titisee (www.bootsbetrieb-schweizer-titisee.de/d/bootsrundfahrten.htm)
- Trips on an old steam railway: www.3seenbahn.de/
- Schluchsee: Schluchsee Model Railway Centre: www.modellbahnzentrum.com/Willkommen.html
- Feldberg: Haus der Natur Feldberg: www.naturpark-suedschwarzwald.de/bildungsangebote/haus-natur
- Feldberg: Feldberg Climbing Forest: www.kletterwald-feldberg.com/
- Titisee: “Action Forest” Climbing Park: www.action-forest-kletterwald.de/
- Hinterzarten: Ski Museum: www.schwarzwaelder-skimuseum.de/
- St. Märgen: Monastery Museum www.kloster-museum.de/
You will find individual brochures in the red folder “For our holiday guests”.
In the Upper Black Forest hiking is still one of the most popular holiday activities. The virtually endless possibilities for walks and hikes on widely differing routes attract many thousands of visitors to the region. All the routes are signposted, so you will have no problems finding your way. Lenzkirch is situated in the Upper Black Forest between the beautiful Lake Titisee and Lake Schluchsee, Feldberg and the Wutachschlucht. Hiking in these locations is a wonderful experience and will make your heart leap. Another destination is the observation tower on the Hochfirst mountain. In Lenzkirch you can go on a journey of discovery with your children through the birdlife and nature (www.tourismus-bw.de/Media/Touren/Mit-Kindern-in-die-Lenzkircher-Vogelwelt)
Hikes through the gorges in the surrounding area such as the Wutachschlucht www.wutachschlucht.de/, Haslachschlucht (www.schwarzwald-tourismus.info/Media/Attraktionen/Haslachschlucht-mit-Hoellloch-und-Rechenfelsen) and Ravennaschlucht (www.hochschwarzwald.de/Media/Attraktionen/Ravennaschlucht) are also highly recommended.
Or you can explore the waterfalls in Triberg and in Schaffhausen.
More information on hiking tours is available at:
You can toboggan on Germany’s most spectacular all-year-round toboggan run in Todtnau throughout the year (www.hasenhorn-rodelbahn.de/) – it is 2.9 km long! Especially if you have children the Upper Black Forest Amusement Park in Schluchsee should interest you. In winter numerous winter hiking routes are suitable for tobogganing, provided there is sufficient snow in the vicinity. The almost 1 km long Saig Titisee toboggan run (www.hochschwarzwald.de/Media/Attraktionen/Rodelbahn-Saig-Titisee) has a height difference of over 80 metres and is lit daily until 10.00 pm. The starting point is the car park in Saig, Saiger Höhe. The run ends at the car park on the B317 east of Lake Titisee. A tobogganing bus (www.hochschwarzwald.de/Familienurlaub/Rodelbus-Saig) runs every 30 minutes from the car park at B 500 Titisee to the starting point of the toboggan run in Saig and costs € 3.00 for adults and € 1.00 for children.
On the Feldberg mountain there is an altitude difference of 400 metres on the 4 km-long winter tobogganing run, the longest and highest lying in the Black Forest.
Skiing in the locality is now very limited as a result of climate change.
The Feldberg ski resort, however, is a very safe bet – information, prices and webcams are available at: www.liftverbund-feldberg.de. Weather permitting, you can ski nearby in the small ski resorts of Lenzkirch/Saig (2 lifts), Kappel (1 lift), Altglashütten (1 lift), Fischbach (1 lift) or Hinterzarten (3 lifts).
Provided there is snow, cross-country skiing pistes are also available in Lenzkirch (Urseespur, Ruhbühlspur, Pflumbergspur, Grünwaldspur), in Saig (Rotkreuzspur, Hochfirstspur, Mühlingen training track) and in Kappel (Hohbaumspur, Hochfirstspur, Antoniusspur). Detailed information about cross-country skiing pistes is available at: http://www.loipenportal.de/schwarzwald
Cycling or mountain-biking is also tremendous fun on our forest tracks or on the new “Bähnleradweg”, which runs from Lenzkirch to Neustadt or to Bonndorf! You can find more information here: Baehnle-Radweg
The great Schluchsee cycling tour is suitable for any cycling fan and takes you round the biggest lake in the Black Forest. Mountain bike tours are available to suit all levels of difficulty. The “Tour around the Schluchsee” or the “Three-Lake Cycling Track” (Schluchsee to Titisee) is ideal for beginners.
And a brand new innovation is electric bikes, with a dense network of hire and charging points helping you to climb any mountain in a stress-free way: Ebike-Schwarzwald hire points near Lenzkirch are located in Titisee (Intersport Ski-Hirt, Seestraße 37, 79822 Titisee) and in Schluchsee (Spasspark Hochschwarzwald, Fischbacherstr. 16, 79859 Schluchsee).
Details of cycling tours are available at: Mountainbike
In summer the natural lakes close-by tempt bathers to take a dip, e.g. the Titisee or Windgfällweiher or the Schluchsee, which is a reservoir. The thermal spas of Freiburg, Badenweiler, Bad Krozingen, Bad Zurzach and Bad Dürrheim are located within a radius of 50 km.
You can also use the open-air pools in Lenzkirch (heated, with children’s playground, volleyball pitch and much more) and in Kappel (Sports). Another bathing option is the Aqua Fun Adventure Pool in Schluchsee Attractions Aqua-Fun.
During cooler periods or in bad weather the indoor pools and paradises, such as the Black Forest Bathing Paradise in Titisee or the Ruhbühl Holiday Village in Lenzkirch, with an indoor pool, sauna and health and beauty facilities, are inviting.
You can play tennis in Lenzkirch in the Ruhbühl Holiday Village and at the local tennis club.
Anyone wanting to take a steep climb can really let off steam and show how brave they are in the Kletterwald Feldberg climbing facility. Many of the hiking tours in the Black Forest are also easy enough for children, and there are always exciting things to discover around the trials.
In the Black Forest Park you can observe native and exotic animals in their natural surroundings. At the Breitnau Fun Park a mountain bike course, beach volleyball and football pitch, a sand pit, log house, water games and much more await you and your children.
For further information see: www.hochschwarzwald.de/Familienurlaub.
Cinemas are located in Lenzkirch (kur-theater-lenzkirch.kino-zeit.de/programm) and Titisee-Neustadt (krone-theater-titisee-neustadt.kino-zeit.de/programm).
For rainy days with children
On rainy, snowy or dull days there are a whole host of things to do: indoor swimming pools, museums (e.g. the ski museum www.schwarzwaelder-skimuseum.de/, Klostermuseum www.kloster-museum.de/ or other museums in the Black Forest (www.schwarzwald-tourismus.info/Media/Attraktionen/Heimatmuseum-Lenzkirch), model railways or the Haus der Natur on the Feldberg (www.naturpark-suedschwarzwald.de/bildungsangebote/haus-natur). You are sure to find something suitable if you look through the games in our apartment or you can visit the indoor play centre at the Saigerhöh Hotel (http://sport-und-spielscheune.de/en/) where you will find a segway course, bungee trampoline, climbing wall, archery, table football and table tennis facilities and a large climbing frame. In Titisee there is an impressive Märklin Toy Fair covering 350 m² (www.maerklin-world-titisee.de/).
You will also find information under Surrounding Area and Leisure Opportunities. Or take a look at: www.schwarzwald-tourismus.info/schwarzwald.
- The weather in Lenzkirch: www.wetteronline.de/wetter/lenzkirch
- Webcam in Lenzkirch Saig and Lenzkirch-Kappel: www.hochschwarzwald.de/Lenzkirch/Webcams-in-Lenzkirch
- Webcams & weather in Lenzkirch and the surrounding area: www.hochschwarzwald.de/Webcams-Wetter#/page/1
- Snow report: www.hochschwarzwald.de/Schneebericht
- Webcam in the under construction SC Freiburg stadium: https://stadion.scfreiburg.com/baustelle/baustellen-cam
- Local map of Lenzkirch: www.lenzkirch-schwarzwald.de/lenzkirch/sites/allg/ortspl_v01.asp
- BürgerEnergie Genossenschaft Lenzkirch: buergerenergie-lenzkirch.de/
- Lake tours on Lake Schluchsee: www.hochschwarzwald.de/Media/Attraktionen/Seerundfahrten-auf-dem-Schluchsee
- Leisure attractions: www.hochschwarzwald.de/Media/Attraktionen#/page/1
- General tourist information: https://www.hochschwarzwald.de/
- Lenzkirch Tourist Information: https://www.hochschwarzwald.de/Attraktionen/Tourist-Information-Lenzkirch.de
This post is also available in: German